What Do We Stand For?
The Stand Vegan Cafe stands for healthy, nutritious, and wholesome vegan foods in a comfortable, friendly environment. Now, more than ever, we are focused on that mission.
Health is physical, emotional, and mental, so, in this time of Covid-19, this means we should NOT PANIC. Panic compromises our body’s immune system and makes it difficult to make good decisions. Instead, we can take precautions, eat healthy immune-boosting food, and get some fresh air outdoors.
We can’t control everything, but we can make decisions that help ourselves and our community.
When you visit The Stand Vegan Cafe, you can be assured that we are taking your health very seriously.
Here’s what we’re doing:
• Disinfecting surfaces, doorknobs, light switches, and other areas, with meaningfully increased frequency.
• Scrubbing the bathroom.
• Disinfecting the laminated menus after use.
• Washing hands with great frequency and duration.
• Wearing gloves to prepare food even when not otherwise required.
• Disinfecting the Point of Service tablet after it is touched by each person.
• Offering pick-up service for now (call us at 203-873-0414). We're also working on getting online ordering and delivery going.
Here’s what you can do:
• If you are ill, please stay home.
• If you are well, please visit us and other small, local businesses so that we can remain open and be here for you when the crisis passes.
• Wash your hands, avoid large crowds when possible, cover your coughs, avoid unnecessarily touching surfaces, and stay calm.
As always, we continue to prepare and serve foods and beverages that fuel your body and spirit. From green Stand(ard) Juice and Ginger-Turmeric shots to fermented kraut on the Tempeh Reuben to the plant-dense Skinny Buddha, we are here to provide nutrient-rich meals, juices, smoothies, and more.
While no one can promise eternal health, we can all make choices that give us the best opportunity for wellness. So, eat lots of whole plant-foods at home, and stop by The Stand when dining out or picking up.
With our best wishes for health and happiness,
Chef Jenna and The Stand Staff